That’s a Wrap! The Fourth Annual ESNA Event Concludes in San Diego
After months of preparation, it’s hard to believe that the annual ESNA event is now complete.
Energy Storage North America, the largest gathering of policy, technology and market leaders in energy storage, concluded its fourth annual event October 4 to 6 in San Diego. Complementing the maturation of the storage industry, ESNA grew in its attendee numbers, expo floor space, and the number of organizations represented.
Photo credit: Melissa Jacobs, San Diego Photo
By the numbers:
- More than 1,900 industry professionals from over 1,000 different organizations and 25 countries came together for educational and networking opportunities in energy storage.
- Over 100 exhibitors displayed the latest software and hardware storage technologies, systems and services on about 15,000 square feet of expo space.
- Nearly 150 speakers on 21 different panels, 6 keynote addresses, and 8 in-depth workshops discussed the evolving regulatory landscape and benefits of storage, latest system deployments, and other trending industry topics.
A few more highlights and special events this year:
- ESNA hosted its first annual Women in Energy Storage networking breakfast event to foster connections among women in the storage industry. The breakfast featured inspirational talks from Janice Lin, ESNA Conference Chair, Chelle Izzi, Director of Energy Storage at NextEra Energy Resources, and Ellen Anderson, Executive Director of Minnesota’s Energy Transition Lab.
- Additionally, ESNA continued its tradition of hosting a utility-only networking reception to encourage conversation among utility employees.
- Finally, the annual Awards Ceremony recognized innovative storage projects in the centralized, distributed and mobility sectors, as well as policy and utility champions who have advanced storage through their work. Congratulations to all of our finalists and winners!
It’s not too early to start planning for 2017. Next year’s event will take place August 8-10 at the San Diego Convention Center. Our exhibitor and sponsorship applications are already open - secure your spot today.
We look forward to seeing you there!