August 8, 2017 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
ESNA site tours give attendees the opportunity to see an operational storage system in action. Tours will cover several different building types, including a variety of storage systems and configurations.
Additional site tours to be added in the coming weeks.
Solar Turbines Kearny Mesa Facility
Solar Turbines is a leading OEM in the worldwide turbomachinery industry, headquartered in San Diego, California. In their Kearny Mesa facility, Solar Turbines manufactures power generation solutions in the 1.1 to 22 MW size range. More recent additions are the 15 MW mobile power unit, 15 MW modular power plant, and 1 MW and 2 MW energy storage solutions.
The facility tour provides an overview of:
- Solar Turbines manufacturing facility
- Solar Turbines microgrid controller incorporating load management, power management, black start capability and real-time energy optimization
- 1 MW, 1 MWh lithium-ion battery energy storage solution operating in parallel with the utility and the manufacturing facility
CALMAC IceBanks at Mission City Offices
Mission City Offices:
- Tour of 290,585 sq. ft Mission City campus
- 320 kW (7-hour duration) ice-based thermal energy storage system
- CALMAC’s IceBank® tanks meet the cooling loads of 3 office towers
- During the summer, ice cools occupants for full peak rate period from 11am to 6pm
University of California San Diego (UCSD) Microgrid
UC San Diego has one of the most advanced microgrids in the country, and the UCSD campus is able to self-generate 85% of its electricity on an annual basis with net savings of $10 million per year! This tour includes an up-close look at a number of UCSD’s most advanced energy storage systems.
- 2.5 MW / 5 MWh BYD battery
- FuelCell Energy’s 2.8 MW biogas fuel cell
- NRG DC Fast Charger Field Demonstration site
- NRG Vehicle to Grid demo site
- BMW’s 2nd Life EV battery energy storage (100 kW / 160 kWh)
- Maxwell Ultracapacitor Bank
Space in each site tour is limited, so register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot.
Cancellations made less than two (2) days prior to the site tour will incur a 100% charge. Site tour must be paid in full by July 28, 2017 or the registration will be canceled and seat will be made available to other attendees.