Manager of the Utility of the Future
Ahmed is currently:
• Manager of the Utility of the Future at PSE&G
• Founder/CEO of the Electric Bridge Consulting firm.
• Founder/CEO of the 100% Energy Club
An adjunct professor, senior judge & Industry Advisory Board member at NJIT.
• NJ Association of Energy Engineers board member
• Rutgers University Cyber Security board member
• Author of four (4) books and several PE professional engineering online courses
Prior to that, Ahmed was PSE&G’s transmission and distribution planning manager and Distributed Energy Resources’ interconnection planning manager. Ahmed was Con Edison’s substation planning manager responsible for the 5/10/20/30 year sub-transmission and distribution load relief plan. Ahmed also worked at the Energy Control Center and was the project manager for a SCADA EMS project & President Obama’s D.O.E's stimulus grant. Ahmed was the recipient of the Con Edison’s “ALVA Award for 21st Century Leader” & other awards. Ahmed is the subject matter aspect for: DER grid impact, DSM/DR, VVO, EVs, AMI, T&D short/long-term load forecast & relief, best practice/benchmarking, smart grid, risk management, disruption, climate change studies, microgrids, DMS/ADMS/DERMS, 100% renewable non-carbon mandates & non-wire alternatives (NWA).